RADIO CLOCK NEEDS RESET AND MILEAGE I

2004 Oldsmobile Alero

Computer problem
2004 Oldsmobile Alero 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 102000 miles

Recently my radio clock needs reset everytime I start the car. Also the mileage indicator flashes all digits at times. Is this the start of something big?
Oldmanrick

Ok so tell me how does it crank over? Does it crank over at normal speed or is it slower then normal? If it seems to turn over slower then normal then go to your favorite local parts store and have do a battery and alternator check to see if the battery is getting weak. Lets start there and see what we find. Get back to me.

Racefan966
My 5 year battery died 3 weeks ago (original) so that has been replaced. Would I still get this checked with the alternator? It cranks fine.

Oldmanrick
Ok after looking over the wiring diagram the only thing that these systems share (radio and starting) is the ignition switch. So do you have any means of doing any testing? Do you have a digital multi meter? Let me know and we will go from there.

Racefan966
Car wouldn't start suddenly after starting fine. Went to pick up step daughter and open the hood and found the " Hot" cable to Battery terminal loose and the plastic cap was off. Shook the cable and it started up. Tightened both cables and all is fine. Thanks

Oldmanrick
Yea a loose cable can cause all kinds of strange things to happen. I am glad you found it and all it fine. If you need anymore help just ask. Thanks again and have a great day.

Racefan966