LEAKING COOLANT

2000 Oldsmobile Alero

2000 Oldsmobile Alero 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 143000 miles

I was told I need to replace the intake manifold set. They have to remove and replace the intake manifold gasket. Also written on the quote is " a/c interferes add and cruise control interferes add. The total cost is 965.08. Like many others, I don't have a grand right now. The coolant is leaking like crazy where I am replacing it now at the the end of everyday. Is there anyway to slow up this leak for about a month or at least 2 weeks? Also can the intake manifold cause the coolant to leak? This isn't a radiator problem is it? Are there any test I can do myself to confirm what the problem is?
Janellmorgan

Pretty high quote.

These were common for this and is probably right.
Do you see coolant leaking externally?

IF you are burning it, you will damage the catalyitic converter, so no, don't drive it.

The cooling system can be pressure tested to see if anything is leaking external. IF you drop the oil out and keep pressure on the cooling system it may show coolant leaking into the oil.