WON'T START

1997 Nissan Truck

1997 Nissan Truck 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 110, 00 miles

I HAD PROBLEMS A COUPLE OF MONTHS BACK I WOULD COME TO A STOP SIGN OR LIGHT AND IT FELT LIKE THE TRUCK WANTED TO STALL. SO I GAVE IT A TUNE UP CHANGED PLUGS WIRES DISTRUBTER CAP OIL FILTER AIR FILTER GAS FILTER, STILL WAS HAVING PROBLEMS. THEN A COUPLE OF TIMES THE TRUCK WAS COLD AND I HAD A HARD TIME STARTING IT IT WAS TURNIG OVER BUT HAD A HART TIME STARTING THERE IS A NEW BATTERY IT IT TOO. ONE TIME AT WORK IT REALLY HAD A HARD TIME STARING FOR TEN MINUTES I WAS TRYING FINALLY IT STARTED A LOT OF SMOKE CAME OUT OF THE EXAHUST AND FROM THE ENGINE. THEN JUST YESTERDAY I WENT TO START IT BEFORE WORK AND NOTHING IT IS CRANKING OVER BUT WON; T START AT ALL.
Rob64

You could try adjusting the idle. Just loosen the distributor cap and turn it while the truck is running. You should hear a change. Just speed the idle up a little bit and see how that works. Hope this helps ya out.

Teag
I wish I could try and adjust the idle but I can't get it to start at all. I even hooked it up to a auto code scanner no codes came up. It has spark and it getting fuel. It's cranking over but won't start

Rob64
Check your fuel pump pressure.

Cool guy