PICKUP WILL NOT IDLE

1996 Nissan Truck

I have a 1996 Nissan pickup with a KA24DE that will not idle. It starts fine but after 5 minutes or so will start to sputter them eventually die. Bad gas smell goes along with it as well. I am at a loss as to what it is. I was sure it was the MAF sensor but it was not. Lucky me! Lol
Kaptindan

Find the IACV/AAC valve and EGR clean it out and test the TPS.

I've removed the EGR valve and cleaned it out, it was closing properly. I removed the TPS and measured it against a new one at the parts store and it seemed to be fine. Not sure how to check the AAC vavle.

Kaptindan
To include all the symptons, the check engine light was coming on prior to it not running with a cylinder 3 misfire. Bad gas smell associated with idling, and when it stalls it will sometimes diesel like its running lean.

Kaptindan
Did you fix the misfire on 3? Check the fuel pressure with a gauge.

Working on making an adaptor to check the fuel pressure.I plan on replacing no.3 fuel injector anyway.

Kaptindan
So the fuel pressure for the system was 32psi and stayed consistant. So I am at a total loss as to what this problem is. The misfire I beleive is gone as well, it won't stay running long enough to write codes.

Kaptindan
I connected a scanner to the ODBII port as well and noticed the O2 Sensor reading fluctuating between.04 to.880.O2 sensor was replaced.

Kaptindan
I want to add that theres no throttle response at all. When you give it gas it acts like its not getting fuel.

Kaptindan
Inspect/adjust the throttle position sensor's closed and WOT voltages. The TPS is like the accelerator pump on a carb system. If the computer don't see the correct position of the throttle is will not give fuel for acceleration.

I was sure it was the TPS and put a new one on and it still does the same thing.

Kaptindan
Page 1 of 2