PICKUP XE SHOTBED KA24 ENGINE AUTOMATIC

1996 Nissan Truck

I have a 1996 Nissan Pickup XE Short bed with a KA24 Engine and Automatic Transmission. It was recently diagnosed with a P0100 ob 2 Trouble code defective mass air flow circuit, and the mass air flow sensor was tested and failed. Right now the vehicle Idles extremely rough and blows black exhaust and will not idle on it's own. I was told by nissan that you can't purchase a mass air flow sensor with out purchasing the top half of the entire throttle body assembly. What I would like to know is can I successfully complete this repair by just replacing the mass air flow sensor from the new throttle body assembly and putting it on my existing throttle body?
Hope someone answers this for me please.
Thank You in advance
Saul7

NO. NOWAY.

Kin chan
Thank You for replying Kin Chan. Why is it that I can not just replace the defective Mass Air Flow Sensor when my current Throttle Body Assembly isn't defective, and the only thing defective is the Mass Air Flow Sensor? Also it would seem like it would be a lot more involved to replace the entire throttle body then to just remove the electrical harness, and two screws that hold the mass air flow sensor to the throttle body. Please explain, and Thank You again for replying.

Saul7
That mid late 90's MAF from nissan has so many versions. Is 1 of the nissan intermediate model change diaster. Nissan had it build all together as a unit. We tried about 3 or 4 fr after market. All has different vaule under a load. And I know if u aint getting it from nissan as 1 piece. Any other aftermarket is a guess at the best. It is a high $$$$$ items . We had to use a scope and a stimulator to catch the problem b4 we are dead sure to tell the customer. Thats y I am so sure on ur case. Possible & probable. Less u sure all signal pwr/grd and ref voltage existence. How to do it or what to use is mechanic. If ur dealer put it in writting that is theproblem. Let em fix it nad back it up. If it doesnt work. Then don't pay em. Thats y average owner don't wanna circumvent and do it urself. If the price is too high for ur budget. Then it is financial. Can't help u on that.I do diagnostic here. Not teaching people to be mechanic nor financial planners.

Kin chan