BACK BREAKLIGHT WONT TURN OFF, EVEN WIT

1998 Nissan Skyline

Brakes problem
1998 Nissan Skyline 6 cyl Automatic

Hello.
I have a 1998 Nissan Skyline. Recently, the back break lights will not turn off even when the car is off. Aka the engine not running or keys in the starter. It always does this and I have to unplug the car battery when I am not using the car so that the lights being on wont run it out. There are no lights lit up inside the car and there do not appear to be any other problems. I just don't know where to start. Please help! I; m trying to sell my car in the next few weeks. I live on Grand Cayman and repairs here are very expensive so I'm trying to do it all myself.
Anamarie13

Inspect and test the brake switch who knows a little adjustment to it will turn the light off or replacement

Follow the brake pedal arm till it meets up to the brake support bracket you'll find it here-

I have done this already with no success. Could you be more specific about what you think is wrong?

Anamarie13
You stated you've checked the brake switch. If you check the two wires going to the switch without depressing the brake and if both wires have power the wires are shorted together somewhere thru the wiring harness. This the only way the brake will come on continously w/o the key being On.