BROKEN DIPSTICK AND ENGINE NOISE

Nissan Sentra

We have a 2002 Nissan sentra 4 dr sedan stick shift with 116,000 miles on it. We have not had problems untilrecently. The dipsick handle broke off and we ccan't get the stick out of the engine. My husband actually pushed it in further. Our engine sounds horrable, diesely almost like a bad piston. Could the noise and the dipstick be related? Help.

I don't have my charge card with me but will gladly make a donation when I get home : D : D
Clee58

Take the dipstick tube out then grab the stick with a visegrip and pull it out. The noise: the crankshaft is touching the dipstick.

I actually had somewhat the same problem. The plastic top broke off of the disptick and it fell in. It was in pretty deep. Id say about 8 inches or so.

I got a wire and applied krazy glue to the end of it. I stuck it in til it made contact with the dipstick. Let it sit there for about 3 minutes then pulled it right out.

Hope this helps.

Leftofseinfeld