GEAR STUCK IN PARK??

2005 Nissan Sentra

My car starts fine, and drives well. When I can get it out of park position. I usually have to pull the emergency brake and keep the car in neutral when I get out of it and leave the keys in the ignition. In order not to have to sit for at least 30 minutes and fight with trying to get the gear out of park. It goes into any other gear fine, but once it; s in park. I am doomed. I have to pull the emergeny brake and literlally put my foot through the brake to get it to come out and alot of times that doesnt work.
But I cannot continue to leave my car in neutral and the emergency brake pulled, and keys in the car any longer. What do you think the problem could be? Ther is a cap or looks as though a key could fit in a space called " shift lock" does this have any thing to do with it?
Crk1209

Have your brake cables and ignition switch checked. Even though u can turn the key in the ignition if the switch is faulty the car may still think it is in park and not allow a shift out of park even with the keys in the ignition turned to ON. I am not familiar with the SHIFT LOCK feature but I it is another thing you could have checked.
The funny thing is even years after getting rid of this car you will still remember how much of a pain it was when u had it. You will say stuff like: " I once had this Sentra that loved to Park.&Quot; : wink: good luck,

Anubis679