BRAKES

Nissan Sentra

I have a '99 Nissan Sentra 99,000 miles. I recently changed the brake pads and rotors (front) and there is a grinding sound coming from the left wheel when brakes are applied (audiable at low speed). And there is also a low scraping sound, when driving, from the right wheel (audiable at low speed). I took both wheels apart again and found no sign of rubbing from any other metals but one pad on the left wheel seems to be wearing unevenly. Maybe poor manufactufing. Can you explain to me the nature of the problem? Did I do something wrong? The brakes do work well.

Richard
Falconplumber

Might be your caliper binding or the brake hose acting as a check valve on that side.

Thank you for your reply. How would I fix the problem? I bled the brakes when I installed them, If that has anything to do with it. Do I have to replace the caliper?

Richard

Falconplumber
Either you replace it or its time to learn the how to.

The caliper piston is self adjusting -Note when the vehicle starts moving the contact between the rotor and inner pad will push piston back and thru the help by the seal. Inspect the brake hose