94 , HELP! DO I REALLY NEED A NEW ENGINE?

1994 Nissan Sentra

Ok, so I have kinda a weird situation. I live on an island in the carribean and so the mechanical work is sometimes hard to trust and parts are hard to find. My car had been overheating and I took it to my mechanic who said that the radiator was full of oil so he drained it and " fixed some seals" well that happened about three times and he said finally that he thinks there might be a crack in a tray in the radiator so if it happens again I might need to take it to a radiator specialist guy. Well, it happened again and I decided to get a second opinion and that mechanic said that the problem is my cyclinder head(model GA14). And of course he can't find one on island so suggests that I buy a used engine and replace it, the one he found 555.00 USD. Someone please help I have no idea what is going on and I don't want to get ripped off because obviously I'm living off of loans for school right now. =(
Brbogner

Ask that mechanic where he got his engine GA-14 there's no coconut matching that description. 94 comes with a GA16DE or an SR20 all the way to 97.

Get the head check for warpage if not slap on a new headgasket and go finish school.