93 WON'T START

1993 Nissan Sentra

I have a 1993 Nissan Sentra XE - 140,000 miles. Car will not turn over. It makes no sound at all when I turn the key. Not even a click. I'm going to have it towed to a mechanic tommorow. So as to not get ripped off, I'd like to have a little knowledge before taking it. Would it act the same as far as not making any sound when I try to start it if it was either the starter or fuel pump? I appreciate any info you could give! (I did try to jump start it, and it didn't work)
Cm

Lil bit confuse here-Do you mean it turns over and will not start or it doesn't do anything when you turn the key.

It needs 3 ingredients to start: Air/Fuel/Spark-find out what's missing that causing your car not purr.

I sure appreciate your reply!

Yes, I do mean it does nothing when I turn the key. It doesn't even try to start.

Again, thanks for your time.

Cm
First thing to check is the battery. Sometimes it doesn't even click the relay if the battery is completely empty.

If it was the fuel pump or you had no spark. It would still be cranking but the engine just wouldn't catch up.

If you say the jump start didn't work. Could then be the starter.

If no some wiring problem in the starting system.

AndreiR
When key is in On position do u c all the idiot lites-if so, turn key to start position-do you hear the starter engaging. If not check the Ignition switch/neutral safety switch/starter relay and solenoid/starter to include the Sta fuse. Double check the battery and connections.

HTH Good Luck!