03 1.8L WONT START WITH P0340

2003 Nissan Sentra

2003 Nissan Sentra 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 147000 miles

I have a 2003 nissan sentra, it was running but very rough with a shaky ilde, 500-1500 rpm bouncing, there was a little smoke coming out but smelled VERY RICH. I was pulling the code p0340. I replaced both the cam and crank sensor as well as I have checked all the wires and volts etc by the answers on this site. I have also replaced the spark plugs. Now the car wont start at all, it will still pull the p0340 code. There is lots of fuel (I can smell it and the plugs come out wet. I have also tested for spark and there is spark. What I am wondering what other possible steps could I take to repair my car. I have heard that the timing chain could have stretched. Please help this car is making me crazy. The compression on all 4 cyl is 145 psi, the car has 147,000 km on it. What I am also wondering is if I should replace the engine. I have found one with 56,000 km for $1200 shipped and guaranteed. Any advice would be great. What steps should I do to check for a stretched timing chain. Thank-you in advance for any help or advice.
Chr1s83

Check the fuel pressure could be the injector and fuel pressure regulator leaking and also test the coolant temperature sensor-

I've worked on a late model Sentra, and the problem was oil on the distributor timing wheel. In some Sentra's the timing wheel that sends signals to the coil to fire is integrated into the distributor, just under the rotor. This distributor is mounted hozontally into the valve/camshaft housing. As the rubber seal of the distributor wears out, some amount of oil would begin to migrate into the distributor housing, eventually covering the tiny slits of the timing wheel and thus no longer sending correct signal to the engine computer. The only solution is to repkace the distributor assembly (unless you can get to the seal and replace it yourself.

Cmdrdatatx