POWER, IDLE PROBLEM

1994 Nissan Sentra

Good day,

I recently had the engine on my 1994 Nissan Sentra GX 1600 fuel injected model, changed with a second hand engine.
I had the Nissan agents check the timing and other fuel settings for me.
The idling is very low now (500rpm) and the car keeps on stalling after you start it and dying when you stop at robots. What should the RPMs be?
When I drive up a hill it feels like the car is battling and then at 4000rpm there is a sudden boost. The funny thing is the old engine also did this.
They have indicated that the fuel pump will need replacing. Not sure if that would cause this.
My question is: What must I ask the service agents to check, when I take the car back to them, to ensure that the fuel and timing system is set up correctly and what equipment MUST they have to do this?
Gengelbr

I think what you should do is find the EGR valve/IAA unit-andclean it out. Then check for excessive backpressure in the exhaust-to rule out the catalytic converter. Final adjust the throttle position sensor voltage by losing it up till you get the correct voltage for the closed and wide open throttle then lock it.