HELP-BAD SMELL-

2002 Nissan Pathfinder

Someone I know ran out of gas and used my 2002 Pathfinder to get some. The can of gas spilled in the back. This was 2 weeks ago. I removed the carpet and brought the car for detailing (shampooing carpet and seats, etc.). The smell did not go away. In fact now combined with the smell of armour all it's even more toxic. I got a product called ZORBX. Didn't work. I've put different odor absorbing products in and nothing works. I leave the windows open day and night and have run the a/c for hours on full blast to try and get the smell out. I think the biggest problem is that the smell has gotten into the a/c system. Is there anything I can do to get it out? The minute the a/c is turned on, there's a nauseating gas/armour all smell. HELP!
Coneekay

As I stated, the a/c system seems to be infiltrated with this odor. Is there something that can be done to clean out the a/c?

Coneekay
Until you git the odor out of the vehicle sweetheart, you just gonna keep on fillin that a/c system back up with the funny smells. I think you you should see if maybe you has a cabin air filter in there. That might be the thing holdin all those nasty ol fumes.

Cleavage4U
I understood what you said, but I was trying to help you with the root of the problem first. You didn't say what you used totally. I Was just trying to help.

Thank-you for your advise. I'm sorry I wasn't clearer. I have used vinegar and water, but not to that extent. The spill happened in the rear area, where I removed the entire carpet. I then brought it for detailing and carpet and upholstery shampooing. I have used a couple of products, such as ZORBX and Fornula 88, along with charcoal and baking soda. I have a Gonzo Odor Eliminator in the vehicle, now. I supposed I should check and see if there's a filter for the air conditioner that would hold that smell. Is there any way to put something into the air conditioner, itself, that would freshen the air? It definitely seems worse when the air conditioner is on. I really don't want to get a new vehicle, but I'm sick every time I go in it?

Coneekay
The area that you are referring to is essentially the ductwork of the a/c and heating system. The cabin air filter is probably holding the majority of the smell as Clean mentioned.