BURNING OIL

Nissan Pathfinder

I HAVE A 2002 NISSAN PATHFINDER WITH 73, XXX MILES IT BURNS ALOT OF OIL. I CHANGE THE OIL EVERY 4 TO 5,000 AND THERE IS NO OIL ON THE DIP STICK. IT HAS BEEN LIKE THIS SINCE I BOUGHT IT WITH 49,000 MILES. THE DEALERSHIP SAYS I NEED TO BRING IT IN EVERY 500 MILES FOR THE NEXT 3,000 MILES TO SEE HOW MUCH IT BURNS. I WORK TWO JOBS SO I DON'T HAVE ALOT OF TIME. I DID CHECK THE OIL EVERY 500 MILES AND IT DON'T START BURNING OIL UNTILL ABOUT 1,500 MILES, THEN IT GOES FROM THERE. THEY SAID I SHOULD JUST CHANGE THE OIL MORE. CAN SOMEONE HELP PLEASE.
AMBER

It seem like like the engine is using more than the normal amount of oil and no leak appear to be present?
The problem may be due to worn engine component.
How do the smoke look like?

Mathiaso
SMOKES A LITTLE AND ITS LIKE A WHITISH

AMBER
Exessive oil comsuption is relative. One person think losing one quart every 600 mille is acceptable while another expects to drive 7,500 miles without any loss of oil. Most manufacturers indicate the loss of one quart every 1,000 to 3,000 miles is normal.
Check your spark plugs. They are good indicators of the engine consuming oil as a result of worn rings, worn cylinders, leaking valve guides, leaking valve stem seals, or leaking cylinder head gasket.

Mathiaso
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

AMBER
You are welcome : )

Mathiaso