MODELS OCCASIONAL PROBLEM STARTING

1998 Nissan Other

1998 Other Nissan Models 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 60000 miles

My wife has a 1998 Nissan Micra automatic that, generally, is no problem.

However, once when I was out in it I parked at the bank, drew cash out and when I got back in, just 2 or 3 minutes later, it wouldn’ t start … I tried 2 or 3 times and it just seemed dead (as far as I remember, this was a good few months ago, I don't recall the engine " clicking" ) … then the next time I tried it … it started !

No more problems until 2 or 3 months ago when my wife did a similar thing, drove down to the school to pick up our son & when she got back in the car it wouldn't start, but apparently was clicking … the mechanic up the road jump started it for her & told her she needed a new battery … but does she?

Most of the last few mornings have been very cold here, heavy frosts, which we haven’ t had before since we've had this car. On Monday her car wouldn’ t start, all of the lights and radio were fine, but if you turned the ignition it sounded like the car was going to start, but only for a couple of seconds, then it went TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK (apparently this is what it did outside the school) … I jumped it from my car and it started fine. It was then OK for the rest of the day and was perfect yesterday, which was not frosty. It started fine

This morning is frosty again & it’ s done the same, it won’ t start & we get the TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK noise … but it wasn’ t frosty the time at the bank or the school, so not sure if that’ s relevant !
Vodkasoda

TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK
sounds of battery low
have the battery tested and replaced
check battery terminals

BMRFIXIT