MODELS RADIATOR FANS

1993 Nissan Other

Engine Cooling problem
1993 Other Nissan Models 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 126000 miles

Hey, recently my Nissan Pulsar N14 has been getting a bit to hot for my liking, I popped the hood just before while it was idiling and noticed that either of the two radiator fans are not working, im not sure if this is normal for a 4 cyclinder car or if one is always ment to be running? Could you please help?
Cdt89

One is for engine cooling and the other one is for A/C. So, if your A/C is on, both should turn on periodically to cool the engine off. With the A/C off, the one on the right (if I remember correctly should turn on and off periodically). If none of them turn on for a long period of time to a point that the temp gauge rises exponentially, ten you have a problem.

Use jumper wires to connect and test the fan motors directly to the battery. If they work, then swap the relays with other similar relays. If they work, then the problem lies in your coolant temp sensor.

Zackman