WHINING/HUMMING NOISE WHEN I TURN HEATER

2000 Nissan Maxima

Heater problem
2000 Nissan Maxima 6 cyl

after the heater is turned on I hear a humming/whining noise but if I turn the heater on it stops. This is the only time I hear the noise. Someone drove the car and said they heard it without the heater being on.
I think it is the heater fan motor, but they think it is the radiator fan motor? Not sure which part to order.
any advice?
one thing that makes me think it is not the radiator fan motor is bc the car is not overheating
Jonnie9095

The easiest way to figure out is by turning on the heater, and check if you can hear the noise from outside of the car. If you can, then try locating the source of the noise. If you can hear it in the car, try location it in the car.

The reason the car not overheating is that you have two radiator fan motor, a low- and a high-speed. Low speed fan works independently of the heater switch. But when you turn the switch on, both fans will turn on.

If you can't hear the noise outside, it possible that your blower motor is bad, if you can hear it outside, well, maybe the radiator fan motor

Zackman