WIPER FUSE

1995 Nissan Maxima

1995 Nissan Maxima 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 200000 miles

went to clean my windshield yesterday and turned on the wipers while pulling the lever in to spray washer fluid and the wipers went up and down then half way back up and I heard the fuse pop. When I went to replace the fuse I noticed it only had a 7.5amp when it says it takes a 20amp. So I replaced it with a 20 amp and they still dont work.

i also checked under the hood and the wiper relay is good. I used a wire tester and the wiper fuse has power, but none of the wires going to the switch or wiper motor have any power. Any chance the fuse panel with all the fuses went bad? Im running out of ideas.
Hils0301

Hi hils0301,

Thank you for the donation.

The main power supply to the wiper motor is from Fuse # 20 ( 20 A) in underdash fusebox. Did you test if power is available at both ends of the fuse when ignition switch is turned ON?

With a fused wire, apply battery voltage to the Light Green wire turn wiper on. If it works, you have a power supply fault between Fuse # 20 and te wiper motor.

The wiper relay is only for the intermittent speed operations.