TRANSMISSION STRUGGLES TO SHIFT GEARS

2000 Nissan Frontier

2000 Nissan Frontier 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 158k miles

After getting my heads resurfaced along with other minor fixes I left the shop and immediately my truck was struggling to change gears. It changes from 1 to 2 with ease but it gives a small jerk when it shifts. From 2 to 3 it struggles more and the RPM's reach over 3,000rpm and it will still not shift. It only shifts when I let go off the gas. It bogs really bad when I punch the gas. The easier I accelerate the better it is but still not normal. The muffler sounds different than before similiar to a honda car with performace mufflers. Not really but it has a odd sound to it. My mechanic thinks it's the transmission. So I took it to the Transmission shop and they think it's the catalytic converter. They cannot be sure because not enough power is going to the transmission. So I had a new catalytic converter put in and still having the same problems, better but my truck is still not acting right. The truck starts and idles fine. A Transmission mechanic told if it has to do with power then it's not my transmission. The codes I get from auto zone indicate the knock sensor and a EVap leak or some sort of problem but none of the codes are for Nissan. I took out the EGR Valve and not alot of carbon was present I cleaned it anyhow. And still no luck. I replaced a hose leading from the egr valve to a black plastic circular part. It had a small hole. So as of right now I'm stuck and don't know what to do. Any help is appreciated, Thanks, Danny
Dt12349

Hey Danny, I happen to have the same exact problem with my truck which is the same exact truck as yours. It idles way up to 4k, 5k or 6k before it upshifts into the next gear. Several shop diagnostics and repairs have failed. Have you found what the problem was on yours? Did you have it repaired already? Please let me know so that I may folllow your guidance. Email me at jsneider99@yahoo. Com

Positivethinker