THE LIGHT OF "ENGINE SERVING SOON" IS ON

Nissan Altima

2001 nissan altima

The light of " Engine serving soon" is on on the front panel. Went to Autozone and asked for check

the problem. The detail content as following:
Troubleshooting P0304

Definition:
Cylinder misfire detected-Cylinder number 4

Explanation:
The powertrain control module monitors the crankshaft speed and has detected a misfire condition

Probable causes:
1. Ignition system fault-spark plug(s), ignition wires,
2. Vacuum leak,
3. Injector fault,
4. High or low fuel pressure.

The light has been on for months. When I wait for on the red light and pedal the break, I feel the

car trying to push out although I break it and it is viberating more than before.

Is it a big problem? If I try to fix it by myself, is there a probability and what is the

procedure? Thank you!

Ganou
Ganou

How much u know about cars and |OBD|2 system, and how much equipment u've got determine if u can fix the car.

Kin chan
When was it last major tuned-up?

When was it last major tuned-up?[/Quote: 7a807b5e89]

Hi,

I do not know. I buy it last year Nov. Could you give me some suggestion. Thanks.

Ganou
When was it last major tuned-up?[/Quote: 51fd941a91]

Hi,

I do not know. I buy it last year Nov. Could you give me some suggestion. Thanks.[/Quote: 51fd941a91]

Do a compression check on that cylinder to rule out an exhaust valve problem causing a lean misfire, also with the sparkplug and wire

Hey ras.I AM TICKED OFF
u remeber that contour with no start.
I think that guy keep saying he has spark and fuel pressure and no start.. So I told him spray propane and see if it keep running. Hell it does and he took it to the dealer turn out to be factory security sys.
These auto zone scanner deal really make us look bad.U know it I know it. If it came to my shop my modis will pu' up the code on enchance side. All else fail if I see no injectors pulse. It'll take me 5 sec to look up body ctrl module. We ought stop telling people use auto zone obd2 code reader and mislead them to a false sense of believe a $35 piece of crap obd 2 code reader will display all the trouble code relating to a problem.I HAD IT WITH THESE DUMB PEOPLE WHO JUST WANNA LIVE IN A WORLD THEY LIKE TO BELIEVE !

Kin chan
KC

You know damn well as I that Autozone has freebies to give and that's where the general public goes when that idiot light comes On. Just because a partmans pull the codes does not necessaryly means that's the actual problem. Further people don't realize there's a difference between a code reader and a scantool. Or a generic and enchance codes.

For me I don't send them there-also there's a difference between a partsman and a full blown auto tech like us.

And yes I remember it was a goose chase on that.

Hang in there my friend, you got your own world to believe, let the others think! For themselves sooner or later they'll learn the hard way.

Hear from you later.

Do a compression check on that cylinder to rule out an exhaust valve problem causing a lean misfire, also with the sparkplug and wire[/quote]

Thank you for all answers!

I just changed all four spark plugs and reset the MCU, so the light of " Engine serving soon" was off after the changing. But only several minutes running later, it is on again. I still did not change wires, how can I judge the wires' bad or good? Please give me more suggestions.

Ganou
You can do a resistance check on it anything over 30K ohms on a wire is no good-my way is just change it.

Good Luck

Thank you for answers.

This morning I just changed all wires and had a happy time about 10 miles, but after that the light of " Engine serving soon" is on again. Could you give me more suggestion. Thanks,

Ganou

Ganou
My 97 Nissan Altima 2.2 liter with 112,000 mi had a very similar problem. I used carb cleaner spray to spray on the intake manifold near the fuel injectors on # 4 cylinder. I discovered the engine idle would speed up at the #4intake port on the bottom of the intake manifold. Analysis: leaking air intake gasket on # 4. Had Mech R/R air intake system (2 Parts), replace all gaskets and related hose. Found an additional gasket part missing on #1 cylinder. Repair Completly fixed service light and car passed smog test a couple weeks later. I went through all the new spark plug, distributor and wire problems repairs that you did till I found the leak, Even the engine shook at idle, but got smoother a highway speed. Cost $550 to fix. : Mrgreen:

Jgaudig16251625