DIES...HELP

1995 Nissan Altima

Hi, my Nissan Altima 1995, with 180000 miles on it dies right after I put the car into drive and press on the accelerator. It even takes some time to start up the engine. I just replaced the battery a few days ago, but I don't think that is the problem. It doesn't seem like it's the starter since I can start my car and leave it running while in park. It's just when I put it into drive that it dies as soon as I press the accelerator. Someone please help.
Jepperstep

Is it losing spark or fuel? Does it just shut off or kind of sputter like it is running out of gas?

Jack42
Actually got it filled up with gas, so it's not gas. Tried it this morning and would do excessive cranking but would not start at all.

Jepperstep
Just because the tank is full doesnt mean the fuel is getting to the engine with enough pressure to run the engine. Have the fuel pump pressure and volume tested and get back to me

Jack42
See below

Jriemer
I am not a mechanic but my son's 95 Altima had the same issue. After much examination the mechanic discovered that the mas airflow sensor was bad. He replaced it and every thing was fine. Just a thought.

Jriemer
MAF sensors control mixture, want to be sure there is fuel to control first

Jack42
Okay.I took it to my auto shop of preferance that I would normally. The main mechanic said that the pressure is fine, they finally got the car started, but searched into other things and said that it was flooded. Said he took out the spark plugs and they were completely drenched. Agh.I hate being automechanicly declined

Jepperstep
OMG, believe it or not. It was the friggin spark plugs. The mechanic said it had the wrong type in there, I didn't know for the simple fact I bought it from a private owner. Oh well, 200.00 down the drain for sparkies.

Jepperstep