MYSTERY WINDOWS

Nissan Altima

My son has an 2005 Altima 3.5 with about 75K miles. Lately, when his windows are mysteriously lowering during the night. He has even gone to the step of locking the window switch. Any ideas what could turn the windows on without a key?
Hunkerdad

In case you didn't know, the key fob can be used to lower the windows remotely. You do this by pressing the unlock button once, and then press it again and hold it. Perhaps there is a malfunction in the key fob that could be causing this. If you feel it is, try removing the batteries of all the key fobs and see if that stops the problem.

One other way to put the windows up and down is to insert the key in the door lock, and turn it (and hold) to the right to put the windows up, and turn it (and hold) to the left to put the windows down.

Both of these methods only include the front driver and passenger windows.

I hope this helps you get some answers. If you still need help I can contact a Nissan mechanic I know to see if he's heard of that happening before. I just purchased a 2005 (2.5L though) Altima and I'm loving it!

-Mike
Maryland

Host47