ENGINE IDLE

2003 Nissan Altima

2003 Nissan Altima 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

I have replaced the throttle body and the oxygen sensor in our 2003 nissan altima 2.5s. The idle will not hold. It revs up and down. What do I do.
Clj_25

Great! This would have to be the only question that wasn't answered yet. I have the same problem with a 2004 and need to know what you did to correct the problem. Check engine light is on and idle is erratic at best. I can pat the accelerator and it tries to idle back down, but then idles right back up. Causing undue hardship on the Transmission too when we go to put it in drive, it jerks hard.
So, tell me you what you ended up doing?
Thanks,
meauxmoney

Meauxmoney
Let me think here. I got mine to finally work. There is definitely nothing wrong with yur vehiicle I believe I turned the car on but did not start it and pressed the accelerater down five times quickly within 4 to 5 seconds. Turn the key off wait 2 seconds and turn it back on.
Next waited 7 seconds and held the accelerator down for 20 seconds until the check engine light will blink or go off.
Note this had to be done once the car was COMPLETELY warm. Driven 15 minutes or more.
If it is working you will see the light blinking (while it is learning or go off.
I repeated another time until correct. I have had no more problems like this.

Clj_25