WHAT TOOLS ARE NEEDED?? TO CHANGE AN OXY

2002 Nissan Altima

Engine problem
2002 Nissan Altima 4 cyl Wheel Drive Type unknown Automatic 102000 miles

Are there any special tools needed to change the oxygen sensor?
Thank You
Dp2680

There is a special socket that should be used. IT has a goove that will allow the wire to be accomodated for when putting it on the sensor. The parts stroe will know what you mean when you get the sensor, just ask for the appropriate O2 sensor socket.

Do you know what they name of the tool is? I'd like to make sure I get everything correct so my Dad can fix this without any difficulity.

Thank You

Dp2680
There are 2 kinds that I know of.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/30961_soc_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/30961_soc1_1.jpg

The first one is a crow's foot style and the other is a standard oxygen sensor socket.

Thank You again sooo much for all of your help.

Dp2680
My pleasure,

Hope everything works out well for you and Dad. We are just an email away! : Wink: Feel free to mention to freinds if they have a problem too!

We are true gluttons for punishment! : Mrgreen: : lol:

My car was fixed today. The O2 Sensor was very easily replaced by my Dad in less than 10 mins. And I can really feel the difference in the way my car drives. : -) I am so happy thanks for all the great help you gave.

Dp2680
You helped me out so much before that I have any other question for you please. What is P0507 for a 2002 Nissan altima mean. It came up idle system rpm running high. How does this happen and what exactly can it mean. I just got my o2 sensor changed upstream. My Dad said the holes on the new bosch sensor was alittle bigger than the orignal one. Can this be why they RPm are higher. I do see that the needle is jumping alittle higher than normal. Like if I am going 40 it jumps almost to 3 then goes down to 2. Please help I am trying to learn but I have no idea what can cause this.

Dp2680
PO507 has to do with the idle speed control system.

Be sure the air snorkel is on tight.

Possibly a pcv system problem.

There is a relearn procedure that should be first done. You really should have a manual, as it spells out the whole procedure in it.