DIESEL GAS PUT IN MY CAR WHAT DO I DO

2002 Nissan Altima

2002 Nissan Altima Two Wheel Drive Manual 70,006 miles

someone put 4 gals of diesel gas in my car it had about 2 dollars of reg gas in it when the good gas was gone it stoped running and would not start what do I do
Patherley

If you are sure it was only clean diesel then you can simply use the vehicles own fuel pump to drain the tank. To do this you will just disconnect the fuel line at the tank (it is accessible under the rear seat bottom) Then attach a suitable hose that will fit snugly over the fuel pumps nipple. Power up the pump and allow t to pump the tank dry into a container. Once the tank is dry refill your tank with at least 5 gallons of fresh fuel. Reattach everything and then start your vehicle. It will be difficult to start until the diesel fuel gets expelled out of the fuel lines. So if it doesn't start the first time don' give up. Simply try a few more times. It should start. It may be rough running initially but should quickly clear up. You will also experience a lot of white smoke from the tail pipe due to the diesel fuel. Once you get the vehicle running take the vehicle out and drive it to the gas station and fill the tank completely to dilute any residual diesel fuel. Replacement of the fuel screen won't be necessary as long as the diesel fuel was clean and not contaminated with water, rust and dirt.

ProNissan