HESITATING AND STALLING, POWER LOSS

1997 Nissan Altima

Computer problem
1997 Nissan Altima 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 113000 miles

Nissan diagnosed 2 problems with the car, nox senser and computer. So Far I have removed and cleaned map senser, replaced ecu computer, I have been told by nissan and my mechanic that the nox senser would not cause the stalling. It runs great 99% of the time, then ill get a slight hesitation, then stalls, but it starts right up. On the highway I have experienced loss of power to the point of pulling over shutting it off and restart. It seem almost like a fuel problem but mechanics say no. Also please instruct on location and repair procedure on the nox
Jessi

Hi jessi,

Thank you fo rthe donation.

I need the exact error code to provide advise as to what to do so I hope you can get a scan done and inform me the error code. You can get it done free at your local Autozone outlet.

I believe nox that is being referred to is the O2 sensor but there are 2 so which is which I need the error code.

When vehicle stalled while driving, it is possible fuel is being starved.

I'm experising same problem "hesitating and stalling, power loss" with a Nissan Altima 1997. The mechanic reports that the O2 sensor needs to be replaced, and says the same that it not cause of the stalling.

Was the source of Jessi problem ever identified?

Muireagain
Never got back so don't know if problem was fixed.

Btw O2 sensor can cause the problems described and stalling can occur depending on the situation.

You would have to get the trouble codes fixed before continuing with further diagnostics.

Get the MAF, IAC and throttle body cleaned. They can cause erratic idling, stalling and hesitation.

Another part of the symptom experienced with the Altima is that it needs to be driven ten miles, or so, before the "hesitating and stalling, power loss" becomes noticeable, typically stalling when stopped at a junction.

Muireagain
That could be due to low idling speed. When engine has completely warmed up, theidling speed becomes too low resulting in stalling. As I have suggested, get the throttle body, MAF and IAC cleaned and retest.