WON'T START

1995 Nissan Altima

Not a question. A hard-won answer.
If you have just recently tuned your Altima, replaced the plugs, coil, distributor, etc, and it will turn over, but not " catch", your problem may be the timing. Mine was just a little off, and the vehicle would start, stay running until it warmed up, and then promptly lose spark. I spent a great deal of time looking for bad wiring (there was some, and I replaced it), a bad fuel pump, dirty fuel filter, and just about everything I could think of. It turned out to be a combination of the timing and a very sensitive oxygen sensor. If the timing is off just enough, it will cause the oxygen sensor to shut off the engine. Depending on the vehicle model, your altitude, and a multitude of other factors, the timing should be set pretty close to 20° BTDC. Just a little off and your Altima may die unexpectedly.
Dkelley

No way. Not on a nissan. Not on a 90's nissan.U can disconnect any O2 sensor on a cold start on any good running car and still start it. As far as timing. Set it around 12 deg just u can start the car. True timing adjustment on 90's nissan need to warm up, set TPS, disable feedback then set it with timing gun. Prefer using a consult(nissan factory scan tool). Now if the O2 sensor is shorted internally while the pwr or reference voltage share by others then yes. It can cuz a no start. But no way O2 sensor on any car can cuz no start for 96' & up OBD2 sys

Kin chan
Who told you that nonsense about the O2 sensor. It will never happen. I've been around before the oxygen sensor was even thought about.

To adjust the timing you must disconnect the TPS before you adust it. Otherwise its gonna give a curve ball big time BTDT>