STUCK IN PARK

1995 Nissan Altima

My 1995 Nissan Altima GXE is stuck in park. It has an automatic transmission. It has 135,000 miles and is a 4 cylinder.I have tried wiggling it, pulling the parking brake up, pressing the brake pedal, not pressing it, turning the steering wheel. The brake lights come on when I press the brake. Is there anything I can do to get it to come loose? I can start the car but it won't leave the park position. Please help!
Fluterby2006

Hi there. I have the same problem. I have been told that it has something to do with a faulty brake switch. If I turn the key to the accessory position I can push the button and shift down into neutral. Then I can start the car and go. The only other difference with my problem is that my brake lights are not working. I believe it is all tied together with the wiring to/and the brake switch.

MrPat