WHERE IS THE CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR?

1993 Nissan Altima

1993 Nissan Altima 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I need to replace the crankshaft position sensor on my 1993 nissan altima. Can't find it to save my life. My haynes manual shows it on the front of the transmission right below the distributor. Not there! Someone else told me to follow the wire coming out of the front of the distributor. That wire is bundled together with about four other wires. Can anybody just tell me exactly where to find this sensor?
Npoff

The Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor is located on the transmission/transaxle housing, facing the gear teeth of the flywheel/flexplate.

Thanks for using 2CarPros. Com!

Bluelightnin6
No, it's not. That's exactly where the manual told me to look. Now i've got someone telling me that it's inside the distributor, and someone else telling me this particular year doesn't even have one.

Npoff
Sorry about that, was wrong make vehicle. Below is correct vehicle. It IS inside of distributor on the '93 Altima..

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/261618_Noname_262.jpg

Thanks for using 2CarPros.com!

Bluelightnin6