CAR STALLING

2004 Nissan 350Z

2004 Nissan 350Z 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 26000 miles

I had some work done to the engine of my 2004 350z. Major changes such as pulleys, cams, higher compression and such were introduced. The problem I've experienced since the change -- The idle speed needed to be bumped to 950 vise the 650 it was previsouly set too, thinking that by reflashing the ECU would fix the stalling of the vehicle coming into a stop from driving at a range of 3-4k RPMS. The engine stalls. Few friends think it could be the pulley system not delivering the power needed too keep it running idle, the Oxygen Sensors not working properly(I have the generic universal ones). I had the spark plugs replaced with Iridium, still to no avail. I'm still having the Same issues. If you have any further expert advise on the matter, I would greatly appreciate it. I've uses many resourses and avenues to try and correct the problem.
Teardropz98

Will it idle at all? Or does it only stall when coming down off rpms? If this is drive-by-wire, you may have to take it to Nissan or a shop with the proper software to make it relearn the idle.I have seen a few Infinitis idle real high or not at all after work was performed, due to need for idle relearn, not just PCM flashing. How did you raise the idle?

Jack42
It will idle if I brought the throttle down at a very slow pace. If I let the RPMS just drop, it will stall. Yes its also a Drive-by-wire system and I had the throttle body replaced because it went bad. Now that you mentioned it, the problem started after they replaced it. Isn't there a self learning code I can do myself to have the car to idle relearn or is the only option is to have it sent to nissan? I had the ECU reflashed too ONLY adjust the idle RPMS to sit at 950 by the guys at technosquare.

Teardropz98
It takes software, I couldnt find any self learn procedures when I looked. That throttle body has to be taught throttle position and idle

Jack42