PASENGER HEADLIGHT DOES NOT WORK

1987 Nissan 300ZX

1987 Nissan 300ZX 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 100000 miles

The light on the dash came on intermittently indicating headight problems. I checked and the pasenger light was not working. I changed the light bulb and the fuse and still not working. I changed the fuse and bulb with the drivers side and the pasenger still did not work. The fog lights have also stoped working. The wiring to the bulb apears to be like new and free of corrosion, however I did clean it with contact cleaner still no change.
Bwilkie

Hi bwilkie,

Thank you for the donation and sorry for the delay in replying.

Unplug the headlight bulb wire socket and with headlights turned, test the Red/Yellow wire for battery voltage. If voltage is not avaiable, test the light awitch terminal #7 for battery voltage.

If voltage is not avaibale and fuse # 2 is good, the light switch is bad.

I purchsed a new light switch from nissan. No change the pasenger light still does not work. I have not had a chance to check the circuit. Also I do not think that the daytime running lights and the fog lights are definatley not working.

Bwilkie
Replacing parts without confirming if they are faulty is costly and wasteful.

You shoudl perform tests first to locate the cause. Get a test lamp and voltmeter and perform the test ads outlined and let me know the results.

I had no power at the bulb, the fuse was good, and I had replaced the switch. This is what I did I checked the test leads on the fuse and I had continuity. I pulled the fuse and verified it was good. I put the fuse back in and checked for voltage on both sides and I only had power on one side. I checked the fuse again and it is good. Turned the fuse uside down stuck it in again and I had power on both sides and both head lights and fog lights know work. I installed an new fuse.

Thanks for your help and assistance.

Bwilkie
You're welcome and glad that you have fixed the problem.

Thank you for using 2carpros and have a nice day.