CAR IDLE

1986 Nissan 300ZX

1986 Nissan 300ZX 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 152000 miles

My car when in idle has a skip the car seems to be running fine not cutting off, accerlation seems ok. When I turn on lights, heat this seems to increase the idle and the only other problem is sometimes it cranks sluggish but other times it cranks fine once the car is cranked the idle decreases and the skip begins. I changed air filter, plugs but the skip at idle continues. Thanks Mike
Charliebrown111

Hi charliebrown111, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation and selecting us as your auto repair site Feel free to ask questions at anytime and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2010

Do you have a check engine light On or has flashed before and fade away and when was the last major tune-up? You need to answer this

Your probable causes here could be vacuum leaks, IACV-AAC valve, EGR and PCV valves, dirty fuel injectors, a weak fuel pump (low fuel pressure) or a faulty fuel pressure regulator. It can also be caused my ignition misfire due to worn or fouled spark plugs, bad spark plug wires, or weak ignition coil.

The important thing to keep in mind about vacuum leaks is that they have the most noticeable effect at idle