OIL FLOW

1980 Nissan 280Z

1980 Nissan 280Z 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual

i have an 1980 datsun 280zx n.A. And I just resently rebuild the motor but capable for a turbo since it wasn't a turbo motor and I put everything back together and the car turns on perfectly n turbo spools good the only problem is that the oil wont go up. The oil filter is dry n so is the head. How can I make the oil flow up so I could get my car running?
Streetdemons

Hi there,

I would say that the oil pump is to dry to pick up oil, try back filling the main gallery with an oil can via the filter port, this often works.

Mhpautos
Thanx for the advice ama give it a try n ill let u know how it goes. Would their b anything else I could also do to make the oil flow in case it doesn't work?

Streetdemons
You will have to get oil into the pump, normally you prime the pump up before installing, back filling it will do the same, do this first and let me know how it works.

Mhpautos
Ok thanx ama give this a try today hopefully it goes good.=)

Streetdemons
Just don't run with out oil pressure, or you will do serious damage, take out plugs and crank over for 10 sec bursts let it rest a bit and crank again, this should help pull up some pressure after priming with out any stress on the engine, leave the sender out and watch for some flow there, also fill the filter with oil as well.

Mhpautos
Thanx guys it works now. Lets see how it runs.

Streetdemons
Good to hear that, thank you for using 2carpros, you feed back is always welcome.

Mhpautos