TIMING?

Nissan 240SX

I have a 95 nissan 240sx with the ka24de with around 5000 miles on rebuilt motor which has cp pistons and eagle rods ect, it spun a bearing so I replace the rod bearings and main bearings, then put everything back together set the crank to tdc and set the distributor to spark plug #1 and fired it up then set the idle to around 700rpms. Everything sounded good but once I put it in 1st to take off it became very sluggish rpms very slow and it hardly moved once I hit 20mph it stayed the like it hit a governer or something. Could the be the timing or am I missing something. Thanks in advanced
SilviaGuy95

Only thing I can think of. What size insert? How Tight? If you overtihgtened it maybe? The Main and rid caps go a certain way, sure about the install?

Merlin2021
Check the cam timing. Sounds like it is off a tooth, does it free rev slow as well?

Jack42
Thank you it was the timing it was at lik e5 degrees atdc so I moved it to 10 degrees btdc which I read was the correct timing

SilviaGuy95