GXE OVERHEATING AND NO HEAT

2002 Nissan 240SX

I have a 2002 nissan gxe milage is 56,793 that has an overheating and no heat problem when driving I have no heat and vehicle overheats less than an hour on road ive changed thermostat flushed heater core and refilled raidiator and I get heat for a few minutes then it blows cold air then temp. Gauge shoots up to red then overheats please help!
Mad6920

Remove the Stat and see what happens to your overheating problem

Do you hear the cooling fan? When engine is idling?

What is the stat? And yes the fan does come on when overheating but not when idle

Mad6920
If u mean the thermostat I will do that and see what happens but I do know it works I put it into a pot and boiled it and it did open

Mad6920
I did take out the thermostat and filled the raidiator drove the car I do get heat now and I notice the temp gauge stays in the cold will that cause a problem and if not is it ok to leave it that way during the summer too?

Mad6920
Its your choice-Remember the computer has to read the temperature from the coolant temperature sensor for other purposes such as fuel delivery and tranny shifting/overdrive etc. Best bet is just get another T-Stat with the correct Temperature for your model.

The final decision is yours-Good Luck

I have just one more question I was reading some of the other posts and I seen somewhere about a heater control valve does my car have one and if so were is it?

Oh and thanks for the help : D

Mad6920
Should be on the heater hose before it goes in the heatercore.