FLASHER(S)

1991 Mitsubishi Triton

1991 Mitsubishi Triton 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 250000 miles

My emergency flasher died after ~20 mins and my turn signals won't flash either. Need to replace flasher but I can't find it (them). My local parts store salesmen don't know where it is either and they don't even have a parts manual that identifies the correct flasher.

They say " bring in your old flasher and we'll sell you one just like it.&Quot; Not much help there. I don't want to pay a dealer or service centre to do the job because in Australia they charge $ hundreds to do a $5 repair.

Can you tell me where the bloody flasher is hidden?
Robert Hester

Should have 2 separate relays for hazards and signals so I wouldn't think flasher is the issue, but check behind left side dash, near the kick panel

Actually, I found the bloody thing by standing on my head under the steering wheel (in Australia we have right-hand drive). The flasher is plugged into a white plastic panel on the right-hand side kick panel up under the dash.
One flasher does both turn signals and emergency flashing by sensing the resistance. The guts look like a wire-wound relay activated by a circuit board with a timer circuit.
Cost $31.95 at Discount Auto Parts (TM).

Robert Hester