REAR AXLE

1999 Mitsubishi Shogun

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
1999 Mitsubishi Shogun 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 98000 miles

i need to replace rear half shafts on my v reg 3litre 24 vallve lwb automatic shogun. I been told since putting out a search on breaker yards for these parts, this particular model is quite rare and no one seems to know if it would be compatible with any other later or earlier v6 models which are more common. Could someone tell me if anything else would fit?
Omaha44

I can only suggest a course of action, Most if not all junk yards have an interchange book that has this info in it, call a few to see what they say. The other thing you can do is count the splines on the ends, and measure the length.

Merlin2021
You did not answer but made a suggestion, I have been told to do what you suggested by my mechanic. This I feel is not an answer, my question was not answered so how do I retreve my donation /

Omaha44
I did answer you, this is what Mechanics like me do all day long, count the splines and measure the length, I guess you missed that in my post? If a mechanic already gave you the answer, why did you pay to hear it again?

Merlin2021