REPAIRS

Mitsubishi Other

2002 mitsubishi montero sport ES with V6 engine mileage 74588. I started having a squeaking noise coming from under my hood at the beginning of Feb. So, I took it to the shop and had an oil change/filter, timing belt, tensioner and drive belts replaced, AC belts, PS belts and rear cam seals on 2/9/07. The same problem occurred. I took it back on2/12/07 and had to have the PS belts replaced because the belt was defective and I also had a transmission flush during this visit. My question, could this be a result of my alternator belt tensioner and belt, pulley, PS oil pump needing to be replaced.
Sherica

Hi there,

With out seeing the parts, it's hard to say. But as far as the belts go, new belts will streach a little after the first week or so, and may require re tensioning, then they are normaly trouble fee. If the belts have been over tensioned you do run the chanch of destroying bearings on which ever acc it is driving. Automatic adjusters don't have this problem. So make sure that your servive centre is not overtightening the belts, It's your car, you pay the bill, so don't be scared to ask.

Good luck,

Mhpautos