MODELS MITS 3000 GT

1995 Mitsubishi Other

1995 Other Mitsubishi Models 6 cyl Manual 180000 miles

my car will start and run for about 10 mins, then shut off. It will turn over but not keep running after that. If left alone for an hour or 2 it will start again. Run for 10 mins. Etc, etc. Please.I'm a girl, and i've already been taken advantage of to the tune of $1500.00 for the problem not to be fixed. I just want an idea of what the problem really could be so the next repair shop can't take me to the cleaners also. Thanks in advance. P.S. Car is non-turbo
Delilah27

Sorry to hear that you've been taken advantage of because of gender. Hope you are mechanically inclined for this sounds like a fuel issue. Have you replaced your filter? If no, that would be a good place to start. If that does not fix it then. On the fuel rail there is a fitting that looks like a round UFO shaped vacuum contraption with a vacuum hose running to it, (please excuse my english but I am not taking anything for granted here, the thing your looking for is called the fuel pressure regulator), disconnect the hose and drive the car. If it dies after a while it is most likely your fuel pump. (By disconnecting the vacuum you are increasing pressure by about 15 - 20#), if you have gauges or a friend who does then hook them up and see what happens after running for 15 - 25 minutes. If it is not the filter or pump then I'd check the ignition switch. It may be faulty, or, you may have a ground issue that causes a relay, (like the fuel pump relay), to overheat. Or, I am assuming once the car is cold you jave no issues starting the car. If it sometimes starts and sometimes doesnt when cold perhaps you should check your timing belt, maybe it has skipped. Regardless, good luck and happy motoring

Gus540i