ALTERNATOR LIGHT STAYS ON

2000 Mitsubishi Montero

2000 Mitsubishi Montero 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 156000 miles

While on my way to work, the +/- charge light lit up and stayed on. The next morning, I was still able to drive to work but when I was on my way home, the Airbag light came on and my radio turned off and the electric windows would hardly work. I was able to get home before dark and didnt have to use my headlights. I turned off the engine and when I tried to restart the engine the battery was completely dead. I dont think the battery is defective for I replaced it last spring. Do you think that the alternator is the culprit. Please advise
Jcecil

Hello -

Check to make sure your alternator belt is on and okay. If it is then most likely your alternator is bad.

You can go to Auto Zone (AZ) or O'Reilly's (OR) and for FREE they can bring their tester out and check your battery and alternator. If your vehicle is dead then I would charge my battery and remove the alternator and take it by there. For free they can check it out.

Thank you very much for the donation

Please let us know if what the final fix was for your car so we can better assist others. Thanks!

Find a car repair manual for your car repair questions.

ImpalaSS