EVO VII ALTERNA

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Manual

I would like to know what is the purpose of the G and FR terminals at the Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VII alternator.

There is B+ (output), S (battery sensor), L (lamp) FR (field report) and G (unknown).

I look at the wiring diagrams and both FR and G terminals connect to the connector C122 at the ECU. The FR is connected at the pin# 41 and the G is connected to pin# 33.

It seems that the FR is a report to the ECU if the field excitation is correct.

The " G" seems to be some sort of grounding control by a transistor. I would like to know what is the pattern of this control so I will be able to reproduce it.

I ´m installing a Vi-PEC V88 stand alone engine management system and I could not make the alternator to work. That ´s the first time I see this " G" terminal.

Thanks in advance!
Claudioarakaki

Here is what I find with the wiring diagram.
1. G is a blue wire with a white stripe goes to the engine control module behind glove box to term. #33
2. FR white wire goes to module behind glove box to term # 41.
3. S is an orange wire that goes to a yellow wire and goes to the relay box under the hood to a 7.5 amp dedicated fuse.
4. B is a red wire that goes to a 100 amp fuse and then to the positive side of battery.
5. L is to the charge indicator light then to a fuse and then to the ignition switch in on possition.
6. The ignition switch has a white wire that is hot in the on possition and goes to a fuse link that turns the power on to the S term.
I hope this helps if there is anything more just let me know.

Racefan966