A/C MAKES CLICKING NOISE EVEN OFF (I

2003 Mitsubishi Galant

Air Conditioning problem
2003 Mitsubishi Galant 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 87000 miles

Hi, my mitsubishi galant 03 has a funny problem.

It makes a clicking sound when I put the temperature knob in the coldest setting. It does so even if the fan is turned off. Any ideas on why this happens?

Other than that the a/c appears to work fine and the air comes really cool.

Changing the knob that marks were the air will come out from doesn't seem to make a difference.

Thanks!
Bresick

Does the " clicking" speed up with engine speed? Looking at the ac compressor clutch, is there a piece of the clutch hanging out? Please advise.

James W.
There doesn't seem to be anything out of place or hanging near the compressor.

The clicking starts slowly when I turn the ignition key without starting the engine. If I turn on the engine it picks up pace and even more if I accelerate the car.

I've also noticed the air isn't blowing so cold anymore.

I'm pretty sure I've located the origin of the clicking sound. It comes from inside the car cabin, near the a/c controls and not anywhere close to the engine.

Thanks for the help. : )

Bresick
Sounds like you have something in the blower fan for the heater/ac. You may want to check that out.

James W.
I'm having the same problem with my 03 Galant. I was curious if you ever figured out what was wrong with yours?

Grinsteinner