CHECK ENGINE LIGHT DRIVE ME CRAZYYYY

2002 Mitsubishi Galant

2002 Mitsubishi Galant 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 170000 miles

DEAR EXPERT LOOKING FORWARD TO HELP ME
I HAVE MITSUBISHI GALANT 2002 A/T AND THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON (SYMPTOM: ENGINE STALL)
THE DTCs ARE
CODE NO 44 IGNITION SIGNAL 1
CODE NO 14 TPS ABNORMAL ADJ
CODE NO 22 ABS SENSOR SHORT

I NEED THE DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLESHOT PROCEDURE?
WHICH DTC I HAVE TO WORK ON IT FIRST TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM?
DOES THE ABS CAUSE THE ENGINE STALL? (I GUESS NOT) BUT THIS GALANT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!

more over while driving with the transmission on D the symptom doesnt occure but once when u shift on L2 or L1 with load the symptom occures

i need your help on that plz
Noor_hawamdeh

I don't see a connection with the abs...separate problem I would expect.

Go after the tps, sounds like code po121. Mitchell gives a procedure to troubleshoot:
http://www.2carpros.com/kpages/auto_repair_manuals.htm

The TPS may be out of adjustment bad sensor, bad connection, bad pcm as likely causes.

DEAR EXPERT

I'VE JUST EARASED THE TPS CODE AND ITS GONE
BUT STILL I HAVE CODE NO. 44 FOR IGNITION COIL & POWER TRANSISTOR UNIT SYTEM

I NEED THE TROUBLE SHOOTING PROCEDURE CUS I'VE REPLACED THE ENGINE MODULE, COILS, SPARK PLUGS, CAMSHAFT SENSOR AND CRANCK SHAFT SENSOR

THE STALL & CHECK ENGINE PROBLEM GOES OUT FOR TOW WEEKS AGO AND COME BACK AGAIN!

ALSO I INSPECT THE WIRING BUT STILL I HAVE NO SOLUTION!
ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY

IF THERE IS ANY PROBLEM INSIDE THE ENGINE MECHANICAL COULD CAUSE CODE 44?

Noor_hawamdeh
My guess is that code will return, shouldn't erase.

Did you check the link I sent for the procedure?

Did you reprogram the pcm after replacement?

I don't expect a mechanical problem, but it is always possible.

Noor_hawamdeh

Noor_hawamdeh
Hi noor_hawamdeh,

If you count the blinks on the CHECK ENGINE light when bridging the 1st and 4th terminal of the OBD II diagnostic dats, then your codes are correct for checking engine.

If you use LED or voltmeter to couln the number of blinks, then you have gone into transmission diagnostic mode, which I believe you have got the data.

Engine and trans error code have different interpretation.

Code 14 = TPS error, voltage below 0.2 or more than 1.2 v at idling. (Improper TPS adjustment or faulty part)

Code 22 = Kickdown servo switch does no turn OFF when in 2nd or 4th gear. (Short circuit in kickdown servo switch)

Code 44 = Shift control solenoid valve B (SCSV-B) resistance is small. (Short circuit in SCSV-B)

If the engine stalls at idling while engaging D, most probably the trans needs to be rebuilt, there are internal wear. Drop oil pan and if you see metal filings, you would know what to expect.

Guys the engine stalls when shifting from D to L2
the problem still exist
would anyone try to help me on the same, am just gonna loose my mind bcz this galant! : (

Noor_hawamdeh
the problem still exist
would anyone try to help me on the same, am just gonna loose my mind bcz this galant!

Noor_hawamdeh
Please help me?

Noor_hawamdeh