REPLACING TIMING BELT

1995 Mitsubishi Galant

1995 Mitsubishi Galant 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 140000 miles

I am replacing the timing belt. Based on the manual, after all the timing marks are aligned, I need to insert a.31'' screwdriver via the left balance shaft access plug from the cylinder block to check alignment. From the diagram, I am not clear about where this access plug is located. Anyone please tell me where this plug is relative to the crankshaft sprocket or camshaft sprocket. Any picture would be helpful. The diagram I am using is titled as " Locking balance shaft, courtesy of Mitsubishi Motor Sales of America". I am not sure about where to look for this plug. Thanks a lot in advance.
Binwu

While looking at balance shaft gear, the bolt that holds it on is the center of shaft, to YOUR right, right around the corner, about 4 inchs back, (left side of block) it's there, feel around if you have to, remember where the shalf would be.

Bluelightnin6