REPLACED RADIATOR, THERMOSTAT AND H

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse

Engine Cooling problem
1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 171000 miles

While driving a couple of days ago, I noticed the strong smell of coolant as I pulled to a red-light. I noticed the temperature was running hot so I pulled over and got outside to see where the coolant was coming from. The leak (major) came from somewhere above the (passenger-side) tire. I took it to the mechanic where they replaced the radiator, hoses and thermostat. Two days later, there is still a leak coming from the same side of the car although not as bad. The car's therm read normal. After several minutes, I popped the hood and noticed a lot of liquid around the reservoir cap (top) and beneath it (assuming this is where the liquid dripped). The reservoir was well within the 'full' range.

Should I have them replace the reservoir as well even though it appears to be full? What else could be the problem here?
Blushx

Hi blushx,

It is not the problem of the reservoir, either it was overfilled or there is something wrong with the cooloing system.

Are the radiator fans working? Did you check the coolant level in the radiator? Do it when engine is cold.