LEFT TURN SIGNAL LIGHT

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 169000 miles

I got a '97 eclipse and I tured the left turn signal on to make my turn and when I switched it off it continues to blink. I've tried switching it on and off and no success! I checked the brake and headlights and there good so I have no idea how to quit it from continuius blinking!
Bad4magik

The combination switch will need to be remove for testing and in so fall replaced.
removal

Position the wheels in the straight ahead position, then turn the ignition to the LOCK position.
Disconnect the negative battery cable. Wrap the negative cable with insulated tape and wait at least 60 seconds before continuing the procedure, in order to allow the air bag system time to disarm.
Remove the steering wheel.
Unfasten the retainers, then remove lower column cover.
Remove the screw, then remove the column pad.
Unfasten the retainers, then remove the upper column cover.
Remove the retainers, then remove the clock spring and combination switch assembly

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/46384_switch_pic_1.jpg

the same picture is sent to you in your email.

To install:

Install the combination switch assembly and clock spring and secure with the retainers.
Install the column covers and pad.
Install the steering wheel.
Remove the tape from the negative battery cable, then connect the cable.
Turn the ignition ON and check the SRS warning light for proper operation

Mathiaso