HEADLIGHTS

2002 Mini Cooper S

2002 Mini Cooper S 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 75000 miles

My lowbeam went out in my 2002 mini cooper s. What is the average cost to replace the bulb. Also, is the process tedious to replace the bulb thereby costing a large amount of money. Lastly, what should I know when taking the car to have the bulb replaced so I won't be taken advantage of?
MiniBruce

If the vehicle was produced with halogen lamps, then you should be able to perform this repair yourself, if it has xenon lamps, the issue may require a bulb that is quite pricey and it might also have either an ignitor or a control module issue. I get that you do not wish to be " raped" for this seemingly simple repair. The cost of repairing todays cars is out of sight due to the complexity of the cars themselves. This repair, if you go to the dealer and pay, should not exceed $100 for a halogen bulb replacement, if xenon the price could easily go the several hundred.

Dr. Hagerty