MERCURY TRACER BATTERY PROBLEM

1993 Mercury Tracer

1993 Mercury Tracer 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 109000 miles

When I bought the 1993 tracer, I had problems running at night. When I used my lights with or without my stereo, and would accelerate, the light would dim and it would drain my battery. I was told it was my alternator, so I replaced that, ran fine for a month or two, then did it again, so I tightened the belts and it ran fine, now another month or so later, it is doing it again. The car runs when I disconnect the battery so my alternator is running, could I have a short somewhere from my battery to my car? I cant figure out whats wrong, again when I accelerate at night it dims my lights, stereo cut outs, n my battery drains, when I park its dead, completely. If u need me to explain more I can, I jus am lost
Bredel6

Get the alternator and battery load tested if okay double check connections on the alternator. Check for short circuit in the electrical system that may be draining the battery overnite-Do below

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_parastic_draw_1_165.jpg