NOT RUNNING.

1989 Mercury Tracer

1989 Mercury Tracer 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 100000 miles

Hi, my Mercury Tracer was running fine, and then it sat for about 6 months. We bought a new battery a couple weeks back and I cant get it running for the life of me. It will just keep turning over, but wont fire. It has good spark, so I was thinking Fuel Injection problems. How can I check for fuel pump problems ect?
Norfleet12

Check the fuel pressure with a fuel pressure gauge designed for your fuel system-if it's within specs.

Where is the valve to check the pressure located?

Norfleet12
Look at the fuel rail-it looks like a tire valve.

So if my pumps working it should have constant air pressure when key is on?

Norfleet12
You are not looking for air pressure it is fuel pressure that were talking about

Thats what I meant haha, should fuel come out?

Norfleet12
Fuel suppose to come out, if it comes out read the fuel pressure with a fuel pressure gauge and get back with me

Nothin. A small amount of air but other than that, nothin.

Norfleet12
The fuel pump is a goner-BTW do you hear the fuel pump come On-when you turn the key on?

It clicks but I think its the relay. I turned it on and got under the car and put my ear to the tank and nothin.

Norfleet12